Since 2005
FinancialOpen - Directory of Forum on Finance & Banking is a financial community with information on banking, loans & mortgages, stock & bond, taxes, economics, personal finance.

Financial Planner?

Discuss everything related to Financial Planning (Asset Protection, Business Plan, Debt Consolidation, Estate Planning, Retirement Planning)

Financial Planner?

Postby David Johnson » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 am

I'm hoping to buy a house next year but don't even know where to start and was hoping for the help of a financial planner.

Has anyone here used one before, good/bad experiences? what to look for? What questions to ask?

Any other ideas, comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!
David Johnson

Re: Financial Planner?

Postby Eric Hockman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 am

If you're looking for advice mainly for buying a house, you may also want to speak to some home loan lenders. Most banks also have financial planners, but like Sooty said some are really just sales people with commission in mind ...

I'm planning to see a financial planner too, since we're about to buy a new place, I want to use the equity of the property to do some investment but don't know what?

My mortgage manager recommended a financial planner to me, I haven't seen him yet but I'm planning to. If you're interested I can PM his details to you.
Eric Hockman

Return to Financial Planning