Since 2005
FinancialOpen - Directory of Forum on Finance & Banking is a financial community with information on banking, loans & mortgages, stock & bond, taxes, economics, personal finance.

What tax software to use?

Discuss and provide information about Financial Software.

What tax software to use?

Postby Liya Zlotnik » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 am

I've been using UFile for the past few years and I like it, I haven't gotten my copy for 2012 just yet, and I don't know if it allows for home expense deductions?

My T4 is simple and straight forward, but my wife is allowed to deduct certain home, car, and communication expenses for her employment. So does anyone know if UFile allows for that? I've used it in the past for rental income and deductions, but I don't know if it'll do employment expenses?

BTW, I just downloaded SutdioTax and TaxFreeway as trials and maybe double checking the numbers. I find UFile's interface much easier and simpler, but I gotta give those two others a chance first. I couldn't figure out how to account for my wife's deductions in Studio Tax or TaxFreeway.

Thanks for the help.
Liya Zlotnik

Re: What tax software to use?

Postby Lucas Raby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:21 am

Have you looked at your 2011 edition? Not much changes from year to year other than to accommodate tax year specific stuff like tax brackets, percentages, minimums/maximums, new deductions, etc.
Lucas Raby

Return to Financial Software